Used 180G questions

TNreefer123!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be a good deal. What do you guys think?
I currently have a 90 gallon and a 40 gallon up and running. I’ve been wanting to condense to a larger tank. I’ve locally found a used 180 gallon tank (5 foot length) with the stand, 50 gallon eshopps sump, MH and fluorescent lights, 3 canister protein skimmers, Coralife 1270 pump, powerheads and a canister filter. The tank is an oceanic brand drilled with 2 overflows and looks great (from pictures). It has held water in a year or two. He’s ask $1500.

Does this sound like a good deal to you guys/gals ?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good deal if it is a good deal to you. Ask what his bottom line is. We, and you can't know for sure till you see the tank in person and make certain that it is filled before you go check it out.

OP
OP
TNreefer123!

TNreefer123!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good deal if it is a good deal to you. Ask what his bottom line is. We, and you can't know for sure till you see the tank in person and make certain that it is filled before you go check it out.
Yeah I talked to him today and said they were going to have Water in it when I come. Thanks!

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a plastic rimmed tank, check the cross braces on the top for cracks. The silicone and glass generally last a long time, but the plastic can get brittle with age. Look for cracks like these.
0D352EE2-0630-4D00-91F4-128A5EC1742B.jpeg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proper Oceanic tanks haven’t been made for a long time so it’s possible the tank is very old ..... I’m talking 20 years. They were borderline bulletproof, but I would not pay anything close to $1,500 for that lot. You can recognize the Oceanic from the large glass brace across the middle of the top. I think the brand name was reused, so if the tank doesn’t have the big glass brace then it may be newer. 5’ 180 is an odd combination though .....

OP
OP
TNreefer123!

TNreefer123!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help! I was scammed I think lol. He sent me saying it was holding water and no leaks but he decided he wasn’t going to let anyone buy it so he wasted his time, my time and your time. I went and looked at another tank today and drove from Tennessee to Alabama and it was junk. I might have to buy a new tank and build my own “furniture like” stand since it’s in my living room.

Without breaking the bank what would be a good inexpensive predrilled glass aquarium brand?

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet has standard sizes as well as @Joe Glass Cages , they've come a long ways and are good quality and price points if you're not looking to get crazy on the custom side.
thanks for the mention @Rob.bucek

@TNreefer123! come on over for a tour. We love having visitors. even if you select a different builder. We love the hobby and just want to support.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back