Used APEX gold help

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
I am not new to apex as I had a apex Jr years ago. I just picked up a used apex gold main unit and EB8. Issue is I can’t locate the IP address to log into it.
my router shows it as 192.168.1.50
When I use the flash tool it can’t find it. Can some one point me to a previous thread or give me some in site on this. I do not have a display for it.
thank you

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a display this can be challenging. If it's not responding on the IP you think it is, it's possible the previous owner configured it to use an alternate port (typically port 80) for the local dashboard, and it's next to impossible to guess the port without a network port scanning tool.

By far the easiest thing to do is borrow a Display module if you know any local shop or reefing friend who could loan one to you. The Display doesn't require any programming...you just need to plug it in, then its menu can show you the current IP address, the web server port, the current username and password.

Or perhaps ask the previous owner if they can tell you if the port number was changed.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a display this can be challenging. If it's not responding on the IP you think it is, it's possible the previous owner configured it to use an alternate port (typically port 80) for the local dashboard, and it's next to impossible to guess the port without a network port scanning tool.

By far the easiest thing to do is borrow a Display module if you know any local shop or reefing friend who could loan one to you. The Display doesn't require any programming...you just need to plug it in, then its menu can show you the current IP address, the web server port, the current username and password.

Or perhaps ask the previous owner if they can tell you if the port number was changed.
Thank you I do think I know some one with a display.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back