Using dosing in DIY food

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryce M.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
1,976
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use small drops of Cal, iodine, and strontium in their fish food? It would help me with dosing since I don't have autos. Plus it would give some trace to the foods, is that bad? I wouldn't think so since they swim in it all the time, in moderate doses, would this be okay?
 
I’m not really sure but I would think if a fish ate a piece of food that had been soaked in even a single drop of a concentrated element like iodine or strontium, that that could be potentially toxic levels.

Just a thought but I wouldn’t risk it personally
 
@._Z_.
That is what I decided on. Fish are confused at what the food in since they have never smelled lobster, tuna, or scallop before. Crabs digging in.
 
I’m not really sure but I would think if a fish ate a piece of food that had been soaked in even a single drop of a concentrated element like iodine or strontium, that that could be potentially toxic levels.

Just a thought but I wouldn’t risk it personally
Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. Made the food without, seems to be going good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new