Using GPIO pins on Zero 2 W to controll light

misoldier06

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
187
Reaction score
107
Location
San Antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,

Decided to try using reef-pi to control my DIY LED's. I've got three channels run by meanwell drivers. I created a PCB that uses GPIO Pins 14, 15 and 22 (All PWM GPIO pins according to raspberry/adafruit) and a Sparkfun Logic Level board to dim the channels. When i'm in the reefpi software when i try to create a jack using any of these pins I get an error saying:

{"error":"Failed to create. Error: invalid pin 14: unknown pwm channel 14"} | HTTP 500

Why is it doing this? How do I tell reefpi that it can in fact use those pins as PWM's as they are GPIO/PWM pins?

I tried using the PCA9856 driver and I COULD add the pins as jacks that way, but when i connected my light to it, it would not control the light. The light came on but would not dim/could not control the light.

I'm a new user to these things, and dont know anything besides what i've learned along this journey of building a WIFI/App controllable LED. A bit frustrated as this is several months in the making with tons of trial and error. Someone please help!
 
Without using the pca9856, a Raspberry Pi is limited to 2 PWM channels. I suspect that’s your issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new