Using Reef Flux on reef tank (before and after pictures)

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

So I had an issue with what I believed was hair algae, so I decided to try out Reef Flux. I followed as directed on the bottle, I didn't add extra since I wasn't sure how it would affect the corals. I left it in the tank for 2 week period and only changed the filter socks, I also dosed microbacter7 and Red Sea KH Coralline Gro so that it can grow on the rocks once the algae started to die off. I removed Carbon but I left my bag of GFO. I didn't stop feeding daily pellet from my automated feeder.
I have to say about 99% of the algae on the rocks died off, there are some small spots in the deep crevice in the rocks but mostly white. I don't see any negative effect on the corals or fish.
The pictures with the algae showing was taken after the lights went out, result in corals closing up and no fish shown.
Once the two week were up I performed a water change of 20 gallons from this 75 gallon tank. After the water change I tested for phosphate and Nitrate, phosphate read (.11PPM) and Nitrate (2.5ppm)
I then waited 5 days and tested again phosphate read (.10PPM) and Nitrate (1ppm)

Just wanted to share my opinion on the results of using this product, Corals and fish are looking healthy.

1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back