Using sound to help dying coral reefs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It’s a interesting concept, do we know how sound exposure is expected to translate into actual coral reef recovery?
 
Staring George Costanza GIF
 
It’s a interesting concept, do we know how sound exposure is expected to translate into actual coral reef recovery?

In the video, they stated the sound attracts fish to the area.
So while it brings fish back, I am not sure how it helps with coral growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new