USPS Package " In transit"

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Apex from a guy on Facebook, He sent me the tracking number and It was supposed to be here a week ago today. He paid for 2 day and insurance.

Well On Monday the tracking website said it was in the city about 15 miles from me. Now as of Wed it says Package is taking longer then expected and is in transit.

So is this Package lost? How long to I wait to file a claim?

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Apex from a guy on Facebook, He sent me the tracking number and It was supposed to be here a week ago today. He paid for 2 day and insurance.

Well On Monday the tracking website said it was in the city about 15 miles from me. Now as of Wed it says Package is taking longer then expected and is in transit.

So is this Package lost? How long to I wait to file a claim?
Sorry about your troubles. Call USPS and tell them the issue.

You’ll get your package Monday.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fill out a lost package claim on the USPS website. I usually get the package within a couple days after that.

Sandersonville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS has been brutal lately. I recently shipped a package to Canada overnight and it took 6 days. Tracking would only update around 12-3am in the morning with vague “in transit” status updates. As soon as it hit customs the entire history updated with proper en route destinations and times.

I called USPS on the third day to open a claim and the guy I spoke with couldn’t have hated his job more. I filed a claim at the time. My guess is that its just USPS being USPS and it’ll deliver much later than you wanted and paid for.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filed a Missing Package claim online, this is the second time that a package has just disappeared. Last time it was fish food and it was lost 20 miles from my house and took 6 weeks from the time it arrived at the location 20 miles from my house!

I know things are different right now but how can UPS and Fed ex deliver everything on time or with in a day of the date but USPS is a total Mess?

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, it seems to be the new norm. You can thank Postmaster General Louis DeJoy for doing everything in his power to destroy a vital part of American commerce.

I ordered some stuff (nothing perishable!) from marine depot over a week ago. USPS promises me that it will arrive by the 17th. Let's just hope it's not the 17th of July!!!!

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they suck I had a replacement order of a doa peppermint shrimp from algae barn that was a day late and was put in the mail box because I rent an apartment at the residence I live at and have mail delivered here I do not open the mail box also the usps tracking said it was at my front door/ porch which it was not I received my next dead peppermint shrimp from algae barn because it was a day late anyway and then sat in the mail box another day hey algae barn keep my $23.00 you might want to rethink your shipping methods I would rather pay more to have the order shipped overnight and really do you think such small vulnerable animals can survive for 3 days in such a small amount of water !?

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they suck I had a replacement order of a doa peppermint shrimp from algae barn that was a day late and was put in the mail box because I rent an apartment at the residence I live at and have mail delivered here I do not open the mail box also the usps tracking said it was at my front door/ porch which it was not I received my next dead peppermint shrimp from algae barn because it was a day late anyway and then sat in the mail box another day hey algae barn keep my $23.00 you might want to rethink your shipping methods I would rather pay more to have the order shipped overnight and really do you think such small vulnerable animals can survive for 3 days in such a small amount of water !?
i always do a hold for livestock. no thank you usps.

gpd124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar situation - it showed “in-transit” for longer than it should. Then all of a sudden it showed the package was in the neighboring State (having already made it’s way to our local distribution center). Evidently, they sent it out on a truck to another distribution center (by accident). In the end, we received it.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went on line and filed a missing package, they said They have 7 days to find it if not they close the case.

It had insurance on the package, I cant find anything about filing for the insurance.

I know with Fed Ex the shipper files it, they send the money to the shipper and then they send it to the buyer?

Calling gets me put on hold

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife ordered a quilt making kit, she was so excited that they checked daily to see if she got it, when it didn't show up she started to get worried, the tracking stated that it was delivered, but it hadn't but funny the next day it showed up with a small hole in it, I guess they took it home and used a camera to see inside and then noticed it wasn't what they thought it was and it showed up the next day.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I filed a second complaint and lost package claim on Friday and wouldn’t you know it was here Saturday.

And it looked like it was opened and re-taped.

I will always ask from now on to have stuff shipped by anyone other the usps, I could have drove there and picked it up in 2 days , they took over 2 weeks for priority 2 day!

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What we need to do is ship it so that it looks like ordinary stuff so the thieves don't bother with it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back