Utility fish for 45

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m actually curious myself about the pest annihilators can you give me some ideas?
Springari damsels are great pest cleaners and are very well behaved. Yellow coris wrasse I think could do ok in there too. Ycw have the habit of jumping so the tall tank may help. The springari on the other hand Go straight down when scared.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank might not be big enough for a tang. If you have algae a Lawnmower Blenny will help.
my lawnmower eats mostly i think microalgae like the stuff on glass, mine doesnt really touch thicker algae though. IDK if its just my personal one or all of them though

Rocketfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "had" a yellow coris wrasse for over a year. It was an awesome, colorful, and very engaging fish in the tank. I have a glass cover with about a 1/4" gap around the edge and somehow he found his way through that gap to the floor and sadly expired before he was found. Once before that I found him in the filter but rescued him in time.

Otherwise, he always grazed the rocks and are food well including flakes, pellets and frozen food.

As a downside, he also eradicated my berghia nudibranch population before they completely eliminated the last aptaisia!

I will probably get another one sometime soon, but I will change to a fully covered screen top rather than glass with a small gap however unlikely it is that it "shouldn't" escape through!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back