• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

UV and hanner checker

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
I just have a few questions regarding the title. What sort of size UV am I looking at for a 300 L tank and a 700 L tank, having a problem with ich so want to introduce the UV just in case.

secondly if I do a copper treatment; how do I maintain the therapeutic levels? I can’t be testing the water every hour?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Would go with 15w for your 300L and a 40w for your 700L. It will also depend on the manufacturers but I got those wattages from Aqua Ultraviolet.

As for copper goes I highly recommend the Hanna copper checker. I would test every 3-4 days when first starting the tank so copper levels stay therapeutic.

OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Would go with 15w for your 300L and a 40w for your 700L. It will also depend on the manufacturers but I got those wattages from Aqua Ultraviolet.

As for copper goes I highly recommend the Hanna copper checker. I would test every 3-4 days when first starting the tank so copper levels stay therapeutic.
If I test in the first day and it’s at therapeutic levels . And I do no water changed for 2 weeks. The level should not change?

OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Wh
The levels should be pretty stable unless you have some type of absorbent media. Plus adding RODI for evaporation. Would just retest every 3-4 days!
at I don’t understand is how do I calculate how much more to add. Because cupramine just says x amount of drops for y amount of litres. what the heck does that mean if my tank is 0.4 and I need it to go up by 0.1

Have you ever TRULY had a reason to panic in this hobby?

• Yes

Votes: 270 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 95 25.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors