UV inline with Micro Algea Reactor

Claymundo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking about running a UV sterilizer inline with a Tunze macro algea reactor to minimize hoses running into my DT as i have no sump. Was wondering if any one has any thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what issues are you trying to solve with this installation? :) Maybe if you give a little bit of background, we can find the best solution for you!

OP
OP
C

Claymundo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what issues are you trying to solve with this installation? :) Maybe if you give a little bit of background, we can find the best solution for you!
Of course! Since I don't have a sump I want to use the macro reactor for nutrient export. The UV sterilizer I just want to help with water clarity mainly.

Was thinking I could just run them inline to avoid all the tubes going in and out of the tank.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course! Since I don't have a sump I want to use the macro reactor for nutrient export. The UV sterilizer I just want to help with water clarity mainly.

Was thinking I could just run them inline to avoid all the tubes going in and out of the tank.
Do you have an issue with either? :)

Elevated levels of nutrients don't just happen- it all comes from what you add to the tank. Cut back, and you don't need to bother with a reactor that you don't have any room for.

As for the UV, it does very, very little to water clarity! You can use it for algae- or pest control.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back