Uv salt creep build up?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my uv sterilizer for years, i noticed today that i have some hard salt creep build up under the blue cap. Is that something to worry about? Never har a leak there

IMG_2228.png IMG_2228.png
 
I would definitly turn that off right now and check all the seals including the one on the glass tube . Even it just drops or two is squeezing by to create the creep. It may be getting into the actual light section . If sealed properly you should be able to unplug he light and remove the bulb first the black screw part above the blue and check for creep and moister in the bulb itself
 
Is that a Pentair unit-- and do you know how to do the 'mandatory' paper towel test? I agree you should not be seeing salt creep, and a good disassemble/inspection would be a good idea. 👍
 
1780546335156.png


Google the instruction manual if it's a Pentair... the instructions will tell you to do the 'paper towel' (viewable at the top) leak-test. I did mine in the tub, with a pump recirculating water through UV from a 5 gallon bucket. Best wishes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new