UV Sterilizer: Compact Body vs Full Sized Body

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to pickup an AquaUV as I know the jebao can have issues. I was thinking if a 25w cleans up my friends 300g system, I can probably go smaller for my 60g system. I'm deciding between an AquaUV 8w, or 15w.

The Choices:
AquaUV offers two sizes that would suit my needs in both a short body "compact" version, as well as a full body version -- They make an 8w, and a 15w that suits my needs.

The Question: In theory, the compact and non-compact have the same sized bulbs and same sized contact chambers, they are just built less bulky. In this case, would you expect the short body to be less effective for some reason I'm overlooking?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt there'd be a noticeable difference, I'd go with whatever would be easiest to install in your setup. Classic has more options for plumbing.

I went with a 15W Classic and think it's great. My water is crystal clear and it knocked out the dinos I had. I wasn't sure which one to order, so I called them. Excellent customer service, I spent 20 min or so talking to Tony getting his recommendations. According to their sizing chart 8W would have worked for me, but the 15W was only a few $ more. I went with the classic as I thought it would be more durable and most of my equipment in my sump is white :p

If you decide to order one, I have a 5% discount offer if you order direct from them.
20190410_164434.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very interesting that the 8w is rated for 70g but the 15w is rated for 75, while the 25w is rated at 150+.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back