Uv sterilizer for red sea max E260

  • Thread starter Thread starter EL6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EL6

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
12
Location
Corpus Christi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious what UV sterilizer would work best for a red sea max E260. It is an AIO system, so looking for best options. Total water volume is 69 gallons. Setting tank up to hopefully start cycling soon but trying to get all equipment purchased. Thanks in advance.
 
What you are planning on using the UV for.
 
Water clarity. Just over all cleaner water.
I use

15 Watt Advantage 2000+ UV Sterilizer with Hanger Spout - Aqua Ultraviolet​

along with a sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 Pump (251 GPH) - Sicce

It is a hang on back type of set up. I use a gate valve to control the GPH
 
I have a RS 260 as well. Bought it as an AIO and then added the sump after a year. No UV in that tank but I am using a Pentair 25 on my RS 425. I added this for: algae control, water clarity, disease control, all of the things they are reported to help.

My 260 is just as clear as my 425. Maybe the UV is helping, but honestly, I can't say for sure. If I were to do it again, I would not have added it.
 
Has anybody added a UV sterilizer to a max E 260 with sump upgrade? I have one now but just circulating the water in the sump and I know that is not effective. How do I plumb it to create a closed loop system?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new