Uv sterilizer placement

Hrdzfad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all I have a 180 dt with a 75 gallon sump I’m adding a 55w uv I want to add a 200 gph pump to the uv to ensure it gets rid of all it can. My questions it will get water from the end of the sump where my return is and I want to feed it to the tank is that possible or should I just get water from the first stage of sump and drop it off at the return comportment of the sump

IMG_0532.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say how much impact that moving 200 gallons across the sump or up to the dt will have on the water flow in these areas. In sump should work.

Our house is about 25 years old and I think we have the same chandelier that you have near your reef. Our fish tank was under that light until we had a kitchen flood and I had to move the tank to repair the floor. That's when I bought my UV. I plumbed it temporarily with a submersible in the tank that returned to the tank.

If you have room in the back of the cabinet you could plumb a pump from the sump, thru the UV with a U-return back into the DT but again not sure how that would impact your other water flows. I would think with a 75 gallon sump you would have plenty of water in the sump but not sure if the extra return flow will over whelm your tank overflow?

You could get some flex hose and hook up the pump in both configurations and see how it performs in both.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back