UV sterilizer

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a UV sterilizer that a friend gave me and I’d put away to use when I had a better aquarium.
It’s supposed to be for up to 125 gallons, but it’s not really giving directions to use connected to my sump and I’d prefer not to hang it on my aquarium.
Any suggestions on how and where to connect to my sump
I don’t see how it would connect in my sump area or what I’d need.
I don’t have any tubing so I’m not sure what I’ll need to get it connected

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
So the first thing you should do with that uv unit is pull it completely apart. Unscrew the top collar removing the bulb and check the entire inside for rust. That model UV is notorious for rusting out a thin metal reflective sheet inside which makes it essentially useless plus dangerous.
 
So the first thing you should do with that uv unit is pull it completely apart. Unscrew the top collar removing the bulb and check the entire inside for rust. That model UV is notorious for rusting out a thin metal reflective sheet inside which makes it essentially useless plus dangerous.
Thanks again
I did break it down completely and the inside has rust so I’m assuming it’s no good to use.
If you do know of one that’s easy to connect to a sump and work well please let me know
 
Thanks again
I did break it down completely and the inside has rust so I’m assuming it’s no good to use.
If you do know of one that’s easy to connect to a sump and work well please let me know
I'm sorry that's the result but happy you figured it out now before your tank took a turn for the worst and couldn't figure out why.

Aqua UV makes a well designed UV. It can either be plumbed into a manifold or run off of a separate pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new