VarioS-8 Minimum Flow

Graz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2017
Messages
32
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the VarioS-8 has a max flow of ~2700 gph. I want to use one to feed a manifold that initially would have just a protein skimmer (740 gph) off of it, but I would likely would add at least a UV sterilizer (~600 gph) and a possibly a few other things to it over the expected lifetime of the pump.

So, is it reasonable to run a VarioS-8 at 740 gph with just the protein skimmer and then up the flow rate as I add additional items to the manifold?
 
Lets see if we can get an answer:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new