vdm and kessil

SoftballReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
i set up my profils and got the vdm configured the way i want in apex fusion. the vdm staus light is slowly blinking green green. when i plug the kessil cord into it it blicks yellow quickly and then just turns off. also the aqua bus cord cant be pushed in very far or it turns off.

bought it used from a board member.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just asking a dumb question. Why the vim if you have a kessil light. Why not a virtual port on a module or on the controller

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you made sure you have the latest firmware on the VDM module? If the VDM was fully functional the status light would be solid green.

OP
OP
SoftballReefer

SoftballReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
not sure how to check that on the apex screen i selected update module. didnt say that it was up to date or that uodate failed

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from Fusion :

Go to Dashboard
Then on the top left, the last icon is a set of gears, select that
The select the icon that looks like a module (tooltip if you hover over it says modules) , select that

2nd column find the VDM name, 4th column will tell you the revision number of the firmware and if it is "OK" or outdated.

OP
OP
SoftballReefer

SoftballReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
when i click gears i have an outlet. a folder. and a 3 people looking icons. thats it.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex Classic or the 2016? I know with my old Lite I couldn't do module updates through Fusion, I had to do them locally.

So you may have to update the modules from a computer on the Apex local network then, using the apex.local url

Regardless, flashing green is processing/setting up, solid green is ready for use.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my screen, Pardon all the bad readings I am still getting my new system running. You can see the modules icon on the second row after hitting the Gear icon. If you aren't then you may be running a older firmware version on your Apex as well.

apex screen.jpg

DanielCervantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my screen, Pardon all the bad readings I am still getting my new system running. You can see the modules icon on the second row after hitting the Gear icon. If you aren't then you may be running a older firmware version on your Apex as well.

apex screen.jpg

What camera are you using?

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What camera are you using?

Foscam FI9821 or a later version of them. I have one on the display and one on the sump. The sensor on the one on the display is starting to act up (they are both a few years old and were previously installed in my sump cabinet) so one will probably get replaced soon.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, that's the latest version for the Classic

You should be able to find the modules tab under the configuration header on the Classic dashboard.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back