Vector S2 needs constant disassembly

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrianA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BrianA

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
St. Albert, Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Vector S2 that starts to buzz every week or so. When I disassemble it, I find that the internal red "O" ring washer has slipped off. I clean the pump and replace the washer and everything is fine for about a week. Is this normal? I am not sure how it manages to slip off and break the seal, but it does regularly. Is there a fix to this? I don't mind cleaning the pump regularly, but every week seems excessive.

Thanks
 
Have you tried sending Ecotech a message/support? Can you replace the o-ring?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new