VeggieMag

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting tired of chasing a suction cup seaweed clip around my tank, so I'm going to buy a magnetic one. I'm leaning towards the VeggieMag, but was curious if there are any other comparable choices out there. I saw icecap makes one but the VeggieMag looks to be better quality.
Also, is the Mega VeggieMag worth the extra cost if going on glass that isn't thick, my tank is the standard 125?

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually really like the Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer Pro. My fish love it, too. :)

Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer PRO - Magnetic Seaweed Feeder

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually really like the Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer Pro. My fish love it, too. :)

Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer PRO - Magnetic Seaweed Feeder

I had considered the pouch type but I had read several reviews that the fish can't get to all of the seaweed and you have to throw a lot of it away. Has that been your experience?
I saw reviews on that specific one that it will sometimes pop open in the tank letting the seaweed out, which I guess isn't much different than my tangs pulling the seaweed off of a clip and letting it float around.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Veggie Clip, but ended up swapping the clip out for the pouch. Works a treat. Barely, if ever, is there any seaweed left, and it doesn't come off in big pieces. You can buy the pouches separately and swap the clip in and out, if you want both.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with any "nice" ones but have been using this cheapie one on a glass tank and don't really have any complaints:

Magnetic Nori Clip

EDIT -- just saw the last post. Yeah, things can get messy so pouch is probably worth considering. (Never tried one and don't think it would be ideal for me but definitely worth considering)

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had considered the pouch type but I had read several reviews that the fish can't get to all of the seaweed and you have to throw a lot of it away. Has that been your experience?
I saw reviews on that specific one that it will sometimes pop open in the tank letting the seaweed out, which I guess isn't much different than my tangs pulling the seaweed off of a clip and letting it float around.
There is honestly very little waste — just a little bit around the edges, which I prefer to it floating around the tank.

I've only had it pop open if I've over-filled it (when I first got it I and was testing out how much my fish wanted). I generally just do one to two pieces cut to size and don't have any issues with it popping open.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Veggie Clip, but ended up swapping the clip out for the pouch. Works a treat. Barely, if ever, is there any seaweed left, and it doesn't come off in big pieces. You can buy the pouches separately and swap the clip in and out, if you want both.
I guess you don't have any issues getting the seaweed into the pouch? I'm just concerned that my tangs won't actively eat from the pouch. They will eat nori from a clip, but they still don't quickly go after it, half the time it gets left for the snails who will eat it at night. Of course maybe that's more reason to go for the pouch type.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with any "nice" ones but have been using this cheapie one on a glass tank and don't really have any complaints:

Magnetic Nori Clip

EDIT -- just saw the last post. Yeah, things can get messy so pouch is probably worth considering. (Never tried one and don't think it would be ideal for me but definitely worth considering)
I hadn't even looked at that brand. Thanks

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't aware that the 2 little fishies magnet was the same for both the clip and the pouch and that they're interchangeable, so I went ahead and ordered the clip. If I don't like it I will buy the replacement pouches, which are cheap.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%
Back