• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

VelasCorals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Izcuacho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to write a review of my experience with Steve in Velas Corals,

In 1 word WOW!!!, I was a little hesitant buying online since I always shop in my LFS and its not the same seeing corals in person as looking at them in pictures online, but I wanted a cpl of Yumas and my LFS didnt have them, so after checking on R2R I saw a package from Velas and decided to write them. I got a reply and a few days later I went through there website and got a 4 Yuma package, a rainbow Yuma and a Paly, up to this point all normal website was easy to use and free shipping on $99 makes it a great deal. I got a confirmation email and the next day Wed I received an email from Steve that they would ship my order on Thur (I asked for Fri delivery). On Thursday I received an email from Steve with the tracking number and so far all good. This is where the story begins and why I was so happy I deal with Veras.

Like a kid on Christmas morning I looked at the tracking number at night to make sure Fedex was on time, but to my surprise the shipment stated that it had missed the cut-off in the warehouse and I wouldn't get my package until Monday, I started to panic though 4 days in a warehouse there goes my corals, but I decided to write to Steve to see what he could find out on his end. I received a response from Steve at 4 am the next morning (I guess he is an early riser LOL) that he would check with the Fedex location once they opened but he would make sure I received healthy corals. To my surprise I received another email at 8 am stating not to worry that he had gone to the Fedex location and picked up the corals and they were back in water and he would ship them again on Monday, he also explained that due to the snow storm in the north east Fedex did an early cutoff and that is why the corals didn't connect he apologized for the trouble and told me he would send me a cpl of freebies for the trouble (which he didn't have to because I don't think he can control a weather delay). We emailed back a cpl of times on when to ship the order again and I asked him to play it safe so when the weather cleared up to go ahead and send them. Yesterday morning I received an email from Steve that he had shipped my order and would send me the tracking number later. I received the tracking number at night and finally i received my order this morning (thanks to the snow in the northeast LOL). Let me tell all of you I was extremely happy when I opened up my order and discovered Steve had sent me an extra 3 Yumas in my order. Not only Steve took the time to go to fedex and pick up corals that he shipped on time but missed a connection due to weather and put them back in the water to make sure they were healthy when I receive them but than he went out of his way to send me extra Yumas for the delay, but they all look great. SO IN 1 WORD WOW could not have asked for a better company to do business with I'm glad it was the route I chose.

Steve could not recommend your company enough, you have a customer that would search your site before any others when I need more corals.
THANK YOU!!!!
Sorry for the long story but I wanted all of you to get the full review

rpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree more, have purchased from him many times and is all about healthy coral and customer service. (I have the advantage of being local) The web is a little bare at the moment as he is in the process of updating.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back