Velvet ptsd? I see spots everywhere now. Ha.

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get back to feeling comfortable with your tank once you ve had a mass die off of fish disease outbreak. I swear I see spot in my sleep.

Last edited:

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get back to feeling comfortable with your tank once you ve had a disease outbreak. I swear I see spot in my sleep.
Im lucky enough not to have had outbreaks yet, but im sure if i did j wouldn't be comfortable with my tank after

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leave the hobby, then come back in a year lol. I still have ptsd from ich, but its completely gone now.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My pstd is flukes. I came back last year and bought this guy. A month later he was darting in and out of the live rock bashing himself into the rocks. I saw scales flying off of him. I started to search what was happening, and flukes popped up. I couldn't get prazi that night and fw dip was recommended for relief and to buy time. He died 30 minutes after the dip. That event has left an unseen scar.

Attachments

• pink margin.jpg
    pink margin.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you.
I think we all have those scars. I have lost fish twice to outbreaks. One was unknown when I did my tank move. All died over the course of 6 weeks. Two was an infested purple tang. Breaks your heart.

You go one way or the other, QT everything or nothing when this happens. I went QT everything. Mainly because I have many captive bred and they just do not have the same immunity that wild will have.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back