Vermetid Snails?

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its a lost cause though, bumblebee snails and maybe even some wrasses can help with the issue, as well as muriatic acid to the worst of the rocks. Also start crushing the tubes and or glueing them. Its tough but as long as corals arent being bothered it isnt done just yet.
is this the best way to get rid of them? what is the gluing idea about? you just hit them with coral glue? we are having an issue in our tank right now.

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line in the tank already. I just ordered 25 bumble bee snails. The chili pepper montipora seems to have encrusted over them on that rock. anyone know how long these suckers live out side the tank? I can probably remove a few rocks every week and let them dry out and put them back in. I don't think that would mess with the bio levels in the tank too much?
we had a six line and he was a bully.. does anyone suggest any other type of wrasse or is the six line the best for this issue?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to hit us all at one point of another. I have never once seen the actual work but I know they are in there. I'll be making another run at them when I move all of my rock from one tank to the next. Everything will be getting a full look over, plyers crush of the stems... I'll stick an eyeglass screwdriver down the hole for good measure and cap what is left with a dot of glue. Quick RO rinse and into the new DT. I've done it before, one rock at a time and it does help. Will it eradicate all of them? Pfft. It does help though.
When I cannot take the rocks out, I do as previously mentioned... I knock back the tube and squeeze a little glue in the hole underwater. I reserve that for when I see an active web annoying my corals.

Scubapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these vermetid snails? They are every where. There are hundreds of them. I haven't seen any mucus webs when I feed my fish.

verm.jpg
I see your post is over two years old but my tank looks just like this, 175 gal and 40 gal sump. What was the final out come?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back