Vermited snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter heathd.hd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
2,529
Reaction score
86
Location
iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look
 

Attachments

  • 1433032485072.jpg
    1433032485072.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 322
They certainly look like vermetid snails to me.
 
Mine went away as the tank got older. Unless my emerald crabs are responsible.
 
Yah I'm gonna smash a bunch here as I get time. I did some today and my wrasse's chased my hand around nipping at them as I broke them off. Lol.

I also am gonna add a couple emerald crabs. Maybe 3.
 
They can be a huge pain. Will get out of control if you don't take care of them. Not sure emerald crabs will eat them.
 
The say emeralds are hit or miss with eating them.

They were not bothering me being there for a while but now there making some of my zoas not open up. So time to do some work.

My utter chaos frag pretty much is dead from staying closed for a bit. All shriveled and the polyps are detaching.
 
I'll say that I have wrasse's in my tank never seen them do anything to these.

Malanarus
Leopard
Mystery
Labout's
 
I would break off as many as you can.
Make sure to snap of the rounded base not only the protruding tube.
 
I'll buy a yellow coris wrasse in a heartbeat if it would kill most of these things.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new