Versa Pump wont Calibrate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mikedawg8898

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i am having issues with my Ecotech Versa Pumps. i originally purchased 2 of these pumps from my LFS. when i got home, i set them up per the instructions to be used for AWC. After setting up the tubing and getting these hooked up to Mobius, i began trying to calibrate these pumps. I spent over a week trying to get these 2 calibrated to 3785mLs (1 gallon) and could never get them to calibrate to anything above 3650mLs with most calibrating to 3500-3550mLs in 15 minutes. I contacted Ecotech Marine customer support and they warrantied both pumps and i just received the new ones and having the same exact issue. In the service ticket, they said the pumps had no issue they could find even though i couldnt get them calibrated after trying about 15 times each per pump on the original set i had. Now today i am in the same boat and not able to get these calibrated to 3785mLs and this time instead of running them for 15 minutes, i ran 5 calibrations for 1 hour, and then another 5 calibrates for 20 minutes each. i have tried to calibrate the pumps about 10 times. i have reopened my support ticket today and waiting to hear back currently on what i should do.

Also There is no air in the lines and they were primed before calibrating.

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you describe your installation location, suction height and head pressure of the pump? You are calibrating in-situ, correct?

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, just ran some numbers. Your dose is about 7.5% off in the worst case and 3.5% off in the best case. The reason for this is because you are using the pump at approximately 200mL/min rate to dose one gallon in 15min which is about the fastest the pump can do. The accuracy curve of the pump diminishes as speed increases due to the elastic nature of expansion and contraction of the tube changing with respect to speed.

I recommend you slow your dose down to about 1/4 the current dose (under 30mL/min), this should result in drastically improved accuracy. If you can accept lower accuracy then you can run it faster.

We do have tricks up our sleeve to improve the accuracy at higher speeds, but they aren't launched yet.

jasper9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Tim at EcoTech Did the features you alluded to ever get released (this post is from 2021). Are there recommended settings to use for calibration or is it generally stay around 30mL/min like you mentioned?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back