Vertex Alpha Skimmer Ozone Line

  • Thread starter Thread starter bayondai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bayondai

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
119
Reaction score
15
Location
Northern NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vertex alpha 200 skimmer and the red ozone hose that connects to the red dragon pump snapped in half. Is there any special hose I need to replace it? I don't run ozone. I wasn't sure if that would effect any performance of the skimmer.
 
If you don't run ozone, just cap the ozone port off at the pump. The ozone port should only draw air in if ozone is being used. In the absence of ozone, that port should be capped off. You can get a package plastic vacuum port plugs at the auto parts store like Pep Boys that will include a size that will slip over the port on the pump to plug it off. They usually include a few different colors and are typically in the "Help" section. Some of the Alpha's included a port cover while others didn't. The port cover insures that the volute is what is drawing the air in via the silencer instead of also through the ozone port.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new