4B14A8F6-5868-4C14-91BE-18B204EA9212.png
Thanks for info!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I asked BRS on their channel and they have no other information. Toby’s post linked above isn’t promising, but ultimately, it’s still second hand information from an unofficial source, so essentially a rumor.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS just posted an update. It's official - Vertex is out of business. My sympathies to the people who got caught up with the Cerebra and lost money. I suppose the only bright spot at this point is that people know for sure.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
BRS just posted an update. It's official - Vertex is out of business. My sympathies to the people who got caught up with the Cerebra and lost money. I suppose the only bright spot at this point is that people know for sure.
Just heard too and Am P&^^$% !!! Thieves !!
I said it two years ago and last year as I noticed lack of presence at trade shows and industry shows and knew this was the beginning of the end !!! We should have started a lawsuit when we had an opportunity. WE ARE ALL DONORS SITTING ON EQUIPMENT WHICH THEY HAD US ALL MAIL IN THE CIRCUIT BOARDS MAKING IT A BOX OF WORTHLESS PARTS !!!

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have my boards. Tobey has been touting the line for Jason for years and attacked anyone who disagreed with him or Vertex. Hence the 2nd and separate FB group that Vertex and Tobey were so angry about. Obviously nothing Tobey or Vertex/Jason wrote/promised came true.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason there has been an excess of passion and a deficit of reason with this project since they announced its release 4 years ago.

if you look at the history, the Cerebra was announced in 2012 and remained a ghost product until 2016,(?) Vertex announced its release And there was a huge amount of buzz around it then. I remember posting some comments suggesting that people were being over optimistic and needed to temper their excitement but it seemed like any comments that weren’t glowingly positive would get labeled as ‘anti-vertex trolling.’

When they released some videos, they looked slick but revealed some features and design questions. Vertex had explanations for these, but they didn’t add up and still people seemed happy to plow forward.

After V1 was released, things looked promising initially and then went downhill pretty quickly. Tear downs revealed old components and Vertex soon announced a complete ground-up redesign. Their timeline for this was completely unrealistic but people still believed the company. Even as recently a few months ago, after 2 years of delays and various excuses, there were people who seemed to have complete faith.

My question is ‘why?’ What was it about the Cerebra and this whole saga that evoked such passions and lead people to seemingly put reason aside? Was it the Vertex name? Was it a psychological defense from people not wanting to admit that they made a mistake? Something else?

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason there has been an excess of passion and a deficit of reason with this project since they announced its release 4 years ago.

if you look at the history, the Cerebra was announced in 2012 and remained a ghost product until 2016,(?) Vertex announced its release And there was a huge amount of buzz around it then. I remember posting some comments suggesting that people were being over optimistic and needed to temper their excitement but it seemed like any comments that weren’t glowingly positive would get labeled as ‘anti-vertex trolling.’

When they released some videos, they looked slick but revealed some features and design questions. Vertex had explanations for these, but they didn’t add up and still people seemed happy to plow forward.

After V1 was released, things looked promising initially and then went downhill pretty quickly. Tear downs revealed old components and Vertex soon announced a complete ground-up redesign. Their timeline for this was completely unrealistic but people still believed the company. Even as recently a few months ago, after 2 years of delays and various excuses, there were people who seemed to have complete faith.

My question is ‘why?’ What was it about the Cerebra and this whole saga that evoked such passions and lead people to seemingly put reason aside? Was it the Vertex name? Was it a psychological defense from people not wanting to admit that they made a mistake? Something else?

Might have had a lot to do with the fact that Vertex's having been a premium brand due to their skimmers at one point being the ones that everyone wanted, unfortunately the success there didn't translate to cerebra.

TRAPO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, do the power bars work with any other controller besides the Cerebra? Or on their own? Thanx reefers!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 63 85.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back