Vertex Cerebra, would like to salvage..tips?

fidgetdamidget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I'm new here and working on a couple new tanks, but more importantly, I have some matured tanks that need some TLC. I had purchased a Vertex Cerebra controller from a shop that ended up out of business. The unit crashed and so I have all of the hardware and judging by the looks of it, no manufacturer or shop to go back to. I wanted to know, given the hardware I have, if there was anyway I could salvage the unit and make it workable either by integrating a reef-pi or some sort of similar solution. While not perfect, I have some hardware components that ostensibly would make my controller dreams more of a reality than forking out the money for an apex at this point in the game. Has anyone had any luck or success bringing a unit like this back to life? If so, what can I do to turn this expensive mix of cords and probes into something workable?
Thanks.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just buy a Reef-Pi system than go in and try and make hardware interfaces for the reef-pi or write new software for the Cerebra. I would love to see someone try it but I know it's not going to be easy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back