Vertex Omega 130 Tuning

Flame Hawkfish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2014
Messages
49
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with the tuning process of the Vertex Omega 130. I know this is newbie question, but this is my first skimmer. The water level is 7.5" and all I have problems is with the tuning. Any advice is welcome.
Thanks, Flame Hawkfish
 
bump. IME you adjust water height and air intake until you get a nice dry skim.
 
I have the 150 model so I'm not sure if it's the same but I've had better luck in shallower water. I think about 5.5 inches. Also, I started with the volute/venturi screwed in tight then 1/4 turns and waiting to find the sweet spot. Hope this helps a bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new