Vertical Storage Tanks

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas where I may find large (about 150 gallon) vertical storage tanks locally? I have already checked at Fleet Farm and Tractor Supply Co without any success.

Thanks

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for tanks myself...but in the 100-110g range. Fleet Farm can get them but they either want an order for like $10,000 or something like that or they want to charge freight, which ends up being more than the storage tank. If you find something, let me know.

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses,

I didn't ask if either place could order them. It looks like I may just order them online and pay the freight. I guess if you have them sent to a business the freight costs are lower. We have a warehouse in Appleton, so I can have them sent there.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my 210 from National Tank Outlet after looking all over this side of Wisconsin. Best price I could find. They all come filthy and need to be cleaned inside and out. They're stored outside. I had to crawl inside mine and scrub it out. There was red algae in the bottom from the little bit of water that was inside. I had expected a nice clean white tank like the site showed. It looked used when it came and the freight company isn't exactly careful about scratching it up. I called to complain and I was assured that they all come that way regardless of where you order from. The tank is a Norwesco, the same brand Fleet carries. I do like the tank, screw on cover, and heavy duty 2" bulkhead...

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I ordered 2 - 175 gallon tanks from plastic-mart.com. The shipping to a commercial address was $100.00. I guess they ship out of Iowa, so they should be here fairly quick. I will update when I get them.

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my two new 175 gallon vertical tanks on Thursday. The order went well, and delivery only took a few days. The tanks were wrapped in cardboard, and then plastic wrap upon delivery. So if anyone is interested in ordering, I would definitely recommend plastic-mart.com.

Water Tanks, Plastic Tanks, RV Tanks, Custom Plastic Tanks

P1020064-1.jpg

OP
OP
Hefton

Hefton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bri Guy,

I've been working on a room about 11' x 15' in my basement to support a new system that will be kept directly above it.

Here is a picture of the utility sink, with my RO system.

P1020066.jpg

A close up of my RO system.

P1020068.jpg

The system sump in place, but no plumbing done at this time. The sump is on a 72" x 30" steel stand I had built years ago, but never had a tank with these dimensions made.

P1020067.jpg

The new steel stand directly above the equipment/fish room.

P1020069.jpg

And the tank, that is still in my garage.

P1010902.jpg

The tanks measurements are 74" x 48" x 32" all 19mm glass with an external overflow at one end. It is currently turned on its side on a narrow pallet in order to get it into the house.

Progress has been a little slow being summer, but it will get done eventually.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 76.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back