Sorry I forgot to mention, I live in Orange County, NY. I have friends and family in Ocean County, Monmouth County and Atlantic City, NJ. Many are still without power. I am grateful that everyone is safe. As for me, I discarded my corals, inverts, nems, livestock, etc. I figured this would be a great way to start over. I just wish i took a picture of the dead tank but i didn't want to be reminded of it. Right now my main focus is cleaning the house and then I'm going to attack the tank tonight. I decided I will rebuild and will be looking for good deals to buy to start up again. If anyone knows of anyone selling cheap frags I am interested in buying. I already miss my bubble corals, hammers, toadstool, duncans, ppe rastas hornets and all my other zoas, frogspawn, acros, palys, everything. Ugh, I hate thinking about it. Well, thanks for letting me rant here. Here are a few pictures of my tanks covered the day after the lights went out. I guess it may have worked for a while but after the house got to 55 degrees i knew there was no more hope. Thanks again all. One picture showed my trying to keep the water warm with 36 hr shipping heat packs. Lol, that didn't work so well. The kids were in good spirits though. If only my fireplace actually worked in stead of just looking pretty...
Mike :)