Very low alk with STN - need help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spartan76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
A little hydroxide dosed won’t have a substantial pH effect. Your oh dies not suggest an excessive CO2 situation, so more fresh air is unlikely to help much, but a CO2 scrubber might.
 
A little hydroxide dosed won’t have a substantial pH effect. Your oh dies not suggest an excessive CO2 situation, so more fresh air is unlikely to help much, but a CO2 scrubber might.
I know I sound like a 5 year old, but…., more ventilation won’t help but a CO2 scrubber will?
Air comes in from outside goes through scrubber loaded with those color changing granules of soda lime and the air then goes into skimmer? And this will help because ?

Again sorry to bombard you with questions but I’m learning something here.
 
I know I sound like a 5 year old, but…., more ventilation won’t help but a CO2 scrubber will?
Air comes in from outside goes through scrubber loaded with those color changing granules of soda lime and the air then goes into skimmer? And this will help because ?

Again sorry to bombard you with questions but I’m learning something here.

Correct. You do not need to run outside air into a scrubber, but it’s fine to do so.

Lower CO2 air depletes CO2 in the water.

pH is determined mathematically by the alkalinity and the CO2 level in the water. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new