Very Strange , has anybody seen this before?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa Cain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lisa Cain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
779
Reaction score
455
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the neon yellow green glowing rock flower anemone in the picture. It was one big yellow green anemone. After two days of being in my tank it split and one of the splits turned into a pink neon anemone. Has anyone every seen this before. I was totally surprised. How did it do that. The anemone split into 3- 4 pieces and one as shown in the picture is pink.



IMG_0232.jpeg
 
Also the Anemone did not seem to be that big to split that much. I looked at it closely before I place it on the rock. I held it in my hand. The concept of the bleaching is very interesting. It was bight yellow green in the store, light the ones in the picture.
 
I found this explanation online. "When a bright yellow-green anemone turns pink after it splits, it is usually experiencing a color shift or a mild form of bleaching caused by the stress of the split. The pink color is often the anemone's natural base pigment becoming visible because it has temporarily lost its green algae"
 
I found this explanation online. "When a bright yellow-green anemone turns pink after it splits, it is usually experiencing a color shift or a mild form of bleaching caused by the stress of the split. The pink color is often the anemone's natural base pigment becoming visible because it has temporarily lost its green algae"
Interesting that it was just one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new