Very Uneven Floors

Richardsonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to put together a 210 gallon tank in the warhouse loft space that I live in. The old maple floors can be very uneven. There is a prime potential location where the I-beam support makes the floor hump maybe 1- 1.5 inches. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried something similar to these. I think 8 of them might be a good option. Thanks for any insights.

81XkNxUV2rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a good idea to me; hope it works out for you

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi 1st welcome to the reef
what is the strength rating on legs,also strength of mounting to stand ,cannot have failure
have you considered leveling pad built w double 3/4 plywood and supported under by lumber to level base?
we are talking tons here

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that kind of weight, personally I'd shy away from a design like that, especially if it's a wooden stand. What's your stand looking like? Hard to interpret scale but those don't look like very big screws and I'd look hard at the shear rating on those.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at designs that are a pad to sit directly under the stand, 1/2" to 5/8" diameter thread at a minimum. You could bore relief holes for the threaded rod to go up into the stand for adjustability.

OP
OP
R

Richardsonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They come in various weight ratings up to at least 2000 pounds each. The custom red oak stand is very well built. Does posting a link to someplace like Amazon violate forum rules? I've lurked here for a number of months but never posted prior to this. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

Richardsonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would cut out a small section of the sump floor for each so they could be mounted internally to the main vertical support beams of the stand. Adjustable with an Allen wrench.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would cut out a small section of the sump floor for each so they could be mounted internally to the main vertical support beams of the stand. Adjustable with an Allen wrench.
nut and bolted?? would not trust screws..my opinion

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree ,sorry not to be pest ,imagine fold in compromise ,again sorry,thinking worst case first,best wishes ,looking forward to seeing build in near future:cool:

OP
OP
R

Richardsonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree ,sorry not to be pest ,imagine fold in compromise ,again sorry,thinking worst case first,best wishes ,looking forward to seeing build in near future:cool:
No worries. I share your concerns. I have a furniture maker that’s modifying the stand from peninsula to the more traditional up against the wall configuration. I’ll see what he thinks.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back