[VIDEO] ▶ AquaIllumination ORBIT Cross-Flow Gyre Pump - Mr. Saltwater Tank - Raw, Uncut, and First Impressions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AquaIllumination ORBIT Cross-Flow Gyre Pump - Mr. Saltwater Tank - Raw, Uncut, and First Impressions

In this episode of our series, Mr. Saltwater Tank - Raw, Uncut, and First Impressions (RUF), Mark will check out the Orbit Cross-Flow Gyre from Aquaillumination. Join us for this review, focusing on the controller and its differences from other gyre pumps. Mark will also share what he'd like to see that isn't featured and why this pump isn't getting returned to the home office!

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the maxspect 350 on my 200 gal. First off all these gyre pumps have to be cleaned nearly every week. Secondly the holes in the cages are far to big. Mine are constantly stopping because cerith snails get between the blades. Even the slightest film build up on the blades from the salt water will shut the pumps down.
In my opinion, they dropped the ball on the this model. One other thing they should have refined is the power cord from the controller to the pump. They should have put a disconnect just past the pump so that you could uncouple the pump easier for cleaning. It's a pain in the but undoing all my cord management just so I can take my pump over to the sink dragging a mile of cord with me.

Instead of refinning a product to work as it should.....they decided to add another layer of useless tech that you have to fiddly fart around with on your phone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back