Anyone using AI Orbit Cross-Flow pumps?

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running a pair of Icecap 2k gyre on my 270g tank for a couple of years now and have been pretty happy with them. I recently upgraded the WIFI system in my home to a WIFI 6 mesh network and the Icecap controller will not connect to it. I was thinking now might be a good time to upgrade my pumps and liked the idea that the Orbits can be controlled directly from my Apex with the MXM module.

I'm wondering if anyone has/is using the Aquaillumination ORBIT Cross-Flow pumps and what your thoughts are on them?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i believe the AI gyres are just rebranded maxspect gyres. i could be wrong, but the reviews may be slightly similar if you want to do a small dive into their reviews while you wait for better answers.

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe the AI gyres are just rebranded maxspect gyres. i could be wrong, but the reviews may be slightly similar if you want to do a small dive into their reviews while you wait for better answers.
Thanks. My research has also found that the equipment is a rebranded maxspect gyre. The difference is on the software side.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks. My research has also found that the equipment is a rebranded maxspect gyre. The difference is on the software side.
yeah. if it weren't for the fact i can control everything in the myAI app, i would just get a maxspect gyre. before they came out with the gyre and return pump, i bought a jebao gyre(scp-70). i'm very happy with it, although there is a hum from the vibration that becomes obvious if you're viewing the tank closely

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao makes a gyre at a lower cost and reviews are generally good. In case you’re interested, look up Jebao SCP-120, for example.

yeah. if it weren't for the fact i can control everything in the myAI app, i would just get a maxspect gyre. before they came out with the gyre and return pump, i bought a jebao gyre(scp-70). i'm very happy with it, although there is a hum from the vibration that becomes obvious if you're viewing the tank closely

Thank you both. I was looking to replace my Icecap 4k gyres since they would not connect to our new eero mesh wifi, but I was finally able to get them to connect. I might still look at "upgrading" to the Orbits as it would be nice to be able to control everything on my tank via my Apex.

I briefly looked at the Jebao gyres as a cheaper stop gap solution. I use several of their DCP-13000, one DCP-3000 , and one DCP-3500 return pumps in my system and have had nothing but good luck with them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back