[VIDEO] FRINGE FISH, Pt. 2 - Trigger Fish & Harlequin Tusk Fish In Your Tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[VIDEO] - FRINGE FISH, Pt. 2 - Trigger Fish & Harlequin Tusk Fish In Your Tank

In our second video of the livestock series we dig deeper into Fish on the Fringe by focusing on Blue Throat Trigger Fish, Crosshatch Trigger Fish, and Australian Harlequin Fish. Yes, we put them in our reef! We share why they might not be such a bad idea after all and let you know which species to choose based on tank size. We also check in with Laura Simmons from Cairns Marine in Australia to get her take on the Harlequin Tusk Fish!

We still want to hear what you want to learn about in the Livestock series. To tell us what you’d like to see in the series, just follow this link: https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/livestock-series-q-a/

Thanks for your input as we want to make sure the content we produce is useful to you.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Aussie tusk in my 8' 240 for about 2 years. Got him at about 3" and was great for the majority of the time. Couple years in and now 6+ inches, he became a bit of a bully to anything new and was re-homed. Snails we an infrequent meal but it did happen occasionally. Usually only smaller specimens and the larger snails were left alone. The only real issue was mixing my particular Tusk with a Flame wrasse.. didn't go well.
Definitely tons of personality. Well worth the potential downsides in my opinion and I'll probably do it again down the road.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back