UGH - Which Fish Killed My Harlequin Tusk

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to bed with a happy healthy Tusk that typically has held it's own in an aggressive tank.

I'll usually give away troublesome fish but I didn't see who was picking on this guy but I'm guessing it was a trigger...

No real marks other than the tailfin.

This is the stocklist on my 230, most of these fish would be considered Large beside the eels which I don't think were the culprate.

Sohal Tang * Emp Angel * Clown Trigger * Porc Puffer * Starry Puffer * Emp Snapper * Undulate Trigger * Squirrelfish * Goldentail Moray * Tessalata Moray * Golden Heart Trigger *

Pics attached...

image1 (1).jpeg IMG_0447.jpg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. How large is it and how long has it been in there? My experience is they end up killing/beating up everything.

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to bed with a happy healthy Tusk that typically has held it's own in an aggressive tank.

I'll usually give away troublesome fish but I didn't see who was picking on this guy but I'm guessing it was a trigger...

No real marks other than the tailfin.

This is the stocklist on my 230, most of these fish would be considered Large beside the eels which I don't think were the culprate.

Sohal Tang * Emp Angel * Clown Trigger * Porc Puffer * Starry Puffer * Emp Snapper * Undulate Trigger * Squirrelfish * Goldentail Moray * Tessalata Moray * Golden Heart Trigger *

Pics attached...

image1 (1).jpeg IMG_0447.jpg
No doubt the undulate, they have a serial killers mindset, they don’t kill due to aggression, they do it for fun…

Get rid of him while u can, he’ll take out the rest of your tank

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never have another trigger of any kind….ours was a bully to entire tank, even to large grouper! Love Love my squirrelfish~

OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never have another trigger of any kind….ours was a bully to entire tank, even to large grouper! Love Love my squirrelfish~

LOL! I'll never give up on my triggers. I actually haven't had problems with any in this tank and I didn't see the Undulated do anything.

The Undulated is the smallest fish in the tank by far but if I see him acting out I might have to throw him into the Queen Trigger tank...jk.

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I'll never give up on my triggers. I actually haven't had problems with any in this tank and I didn't see the Undulated do anything.

The Undulated is the smallest fish in the tank by far but if I see him acting out I might have to throw him into the Queen Trigger tank...jk.

I’m trying to remember which kind of trigger I had, years ago! He was the smallest in the tank lol

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just remembered, it was a Picasso trigger! Guess it made me not like any lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back