OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what I can see that's a 20 gallon aquarium an acrylic sum and a 10 gallon i'm guessing ato. I really like your plumbing and the way you put it all together.
Correct...the 20 will eventually be a refugium and the 10 is an ato and thanks for the compliment

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what I can see that's a 20 gallon aquarium an acrylic sum and a 10 gallon i'm guessing ato. I really like your plumbing and the way you put it all together.
So I designed the drain system with 4 drains
1 for the refugium
2 to the sump
1 emergency
I wanted a separate refugium to increase water volume. My guess is a total of 200 gallons with the filtration

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is older and was only drilled for one drain and one return. so I'm being diligent about cleaning my drain. my sump is much more simple than yours. it's a 30 gallon with only one baffle before the return just to keep the bubbles out of my display. it's kind of hard to take pictures of my sump because my light is a red spectrum led grow light and it does not lend itself to photos. besides the bottom of my stand is not as well organised as yours.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is older and was only drilled for one drain and one return. so I'm being diligent about cleaning my drain. my sump is much more simple than yours. it's a 30 gallon with only one baffle before the return just to keep the bubbles out of my display. it's kind of hard to take pictures of my sump because my light is a red spectrum led grow light and it does not lend itself to photos. besides the bottom of my stand is not as well organised as yours.
I don't even want to take a picture of underneath my 90 gallon it's a disaster. My 90 also only has one drain and one return it's old it has 2 corner overflow that Tee into one drain into my sump it's not fancy but it functions when this is all said and done I plan on using it as a frag tank

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is kind of dragging on but finally got primer on the tank stand and looking at finish up painting this week

20200510_172617.jpg

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my hand on a par meter thanks to @Alex Sadowsky . Once I downloaded the software it was easy to map out the rocks and sand bed. Seems like I have plenty of par for sps and some lps in the edges and shadows. Kinda hard to see but here's what I got with aquatic life hybrid t5 and 3 rapid Corona fixtures.
20200518_190158.jpg
20200518_190145.jpg

So now I know where to start gluing all those sticks.....I think.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a rough 2 years with this tank but I'm hoping 2022 will be when it starts to happen don't really feel like talking about all the problems I went through guess I'm just spoiled with my other tank that's 24 years old

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back