Viparspectra 165watt, Anyone using these?

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the same black box on my 18" cubed mano at 70% blue 10% white.
This is after it was up for a year then moved to another house. I lost all coralline in the move but it was a frag/holding tank for my 120 and now the nano sits in my garage lol.
20190610_204858.jpg
How high off the tank did you have it?

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: Would 1 Viparspectra 300W LED panel be good for a mixed reef 90g tank? Tank dimensions are: 48x18x24. Was wondering If I could get away with using this one panel instead of 2 165W

Last edited:

Mrreefercanada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: Would 1 Viparspectra 300W LED panel be good for a mixed reef 90g tank? Tank dimensions are: 48x18x24. Was wondering If I could get away with using this one panel instead of 2 165W
I have one 300w over my 90 right now for about a month. It's works great but you have acclimate the tank as its very powerful. I set it up 11 inches above the water surface centered over the tank. My tank is the same dims 48"Lx18"dpx24"h. Currently my settings are 50% blue 5% white. I have a mixed reef with sps(Top OF tank area) lps(Mid tank area) and softies(bottom of tank). All doing very well so far.

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one 300w over my 90 right now for about a month. It's works great but you have acclimate the tank as its very powerful. I set it up 11 inches above the water surface centered over the tank. My tank is the same dims 48"Lx18"dpx24"h. Currently my settings are 50% blue 5% white. I have a mixed reef with sps(Top OF tank area) lps(Mid tank area) and softies(bottom of tank). All doing very well so far.
your comment confirmed my choice. just placed my order, thanks :)

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!:) new to reefing, wanted some opinions on how high to mount these lights, I recently purchased 2 300w. The tanks dimensions 72L 18W 21H in inches. I have from the substrate to the water line measured at 18.5" would like to know also the ideal settings for CH1 and CH2. Main target for coral is LPS and Softies but eventually SPS as well. Also amount of time the lights should be on. Great looking tanks in this thread! Maybe one day mine can be as good looking..

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I have no livestock at the moment there’s no need to acclimate so what % white & blues would you recommend I set? I want to be able to place corals throughout all levels of tank

carriaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am considering buying these lights. I currently have a 36x8x31 fish tank, but I would love to start adding corals, thats why I`m checking if this would work in my tank which is 37 Galons but the size is quite different from the standard, What do you think?

Vakko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!:) new to reefing, wanted some opinions on how high to mount these lights, I recently purchased 2 300w. The tanks dimensions 72L 18W 21H in inches. I have from the substrate to the water line measured at 18.5" would like to know also the ideal settings for CH1 and CH2. Main target for coral is LPS and Softies but eventually SPS as well. Also amount of time the lights should be on. Great looking tanks in this thread! Maybe one day mine can be as good looking..
I used a closet storage rail system. If you do it parallel to the tank, you can use the wire hanging equipment.
20200427_182457.jpg

But I have a perpendicular set up (BRS suggestion) so I had to break the warranty seal by removing the screws and replacing them with bolts and nuts.
20200429_082726.jpg

Hellybell80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a closet storage rail system. If you do it parallel to the tank, you can use the wire hanging equipment.
20200427_182457.jpg

But I have a perpendicular set up (BRS suggestion) so I had to break the warranty seal by removing the screws and replacing them with bolts and nuts.
20200429_082726.jpg
I use that racking system as well, but i built a canopy to hide alot of the wires and hung a canopy off of it, then hung the lights off the canopy. Means I can hide all the wires and brackets giving a cleaner look.
If I want to take the canopy off, I can just lift it off the brackets. In hindsight I probably could have made a smaller canopy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back