Virginia Reefer Here

  • Thread starter Thread starter UVAThomas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

UVAThomas

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Palmyra, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to R2R here. Live in Virginia just outside of Charlottesville. I have a 180 gallon mixed reef tank. It has been set up for about 3 years. Transfered everything from a 55 gallon. Currently lit by MH and CFs, waiting on my new light of MH and T5s. Filtered by a sump, fuge, skimmer, and UV. Contains about 12 fish, many snails and hermits.
 
Welcome to R2R! Be sure to set up a tank thread in our Large Tank forum for tanks of 180+ gallons. We'd love to see it.
 
Welcome - not too far from you. Not a huge central VA presence here so glad to see you. +1 on posting some pics in the large tank thread.
 
Welcome to R2R!!
 
Welcome to R2R!
I am just down I-81 in Salem. Of course, I do work at Va Tech, so hopefully we can get along :snicker:
I am looking forward to seeing your reef.
Joe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new