Virtual Outlet odd behavior

pw9988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a Reefer 350 tank and I'm trying to get the Apex to work with the DOS module for semi auto water changes. While I'm still getting used to the syntax, I'm noticing some odd behavior that is perhaps a nuance with the system that one of the experts here can point out.

I created a virtual outlet named "WaterChange". My intended behavior is for it to run the DOS for NSW and OSW while I have it toggled to ON. The configuration for this virtual outlet is blank.

Then, for each of the pumps on my water change DOS, I have this:

Code:
If Outlet WaterChange = ON Then ON
If Outlet WaterChange = OFF Then OFF

When I toggle the WaterChange virtual outlet to ON or OFF, the DOS pumps followed suit. However, despite leaving it to ON, the DOS turns off after a few minutes. I realize I can use the feed cycle and the built in tasks to set up a manual water change, just trying to understand the behavior and if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When running continuously, the DOS automatically stops every few minutes to permit the motors to cool down. This is normal, and unavoidable. Once cool, it will resume running until your programming turns it Off. See the DOS manual for more details: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/DOS_manual.pdf

OP
OP
P

pw9988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That's exactly what its is. I was pulling my hair out thinking it was something syntactical.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back