OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
9/3/20 UPDATE: Can't believe it's September already. Not a huge update today, more residents are taking a permanent housing in the new tank. Transferred the fish. Seeing beginning of green algae. And a new rock was cycled and placed in the back as it felt a bit empty. Appreciate some feedback if you are reading / following this build.

Current fish residents:
  • Pair of clowns
  • 2 Bimac Antheas
  • Watanabe Angel (will watch her as a tank is small for her, she may transfer to the frag system soon)
  • Algae Blenny

1599135719555.png

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8/26/20 UPDATE: No real updates for the day as the tank is just maturing. Pumped up light power a bit to grow some food for the snails. Test-transferring some shrooms to identify the best method of transfer without bristle warms. I am trying both Bayer and Peroxide, watching which has lighter impact on the health of the shroom itself. Nothing to report yet. And for some eye-candy, here's one of my gems that will take up permanent residence in this tank.

IMG_0457.JPG
Being blind! Not sure how I missed all these updates here but looking good man!
What is this bounce?

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm liking where you're going!

Thanks Rev. I am pretty excited about the complexity of working on a smaller than I am used to tank also.

Looks awesome! I love the idea of a mushroom tank.

Thank you. I have a huge bounce / mushroom collection that doesn't get the eye-candy value it deserves in my frag tank.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @LRT. This is a Ragnarok Bounce, one of the more expensive mushrooms in the hobby today.
Its epic man those bubbles are crazy.
How old is that particular shroom? Just trying to get a line of judgment on what i can expect as some of my bounces mature in system.

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its epic man those bubbles are crazy.
How old is that particular shroom? Just trying to get a line of judgment on what i can expect as some of my bounces mature in system.

It's 3 years. Every different bounce grows at a different rate. It hasn't been the same for me for every single shroom.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev. I am pretty excited about the complexity of working on a smaller than I am used to tank also.

Thank you. I have a huge bounce / mushroom collection that doesn't get the eye-candy value it deserves in my frag tank.

Definitely some eye candy there. I am hoping to do zoas and nice mushrooms in the mini peninsula I just purchased. I have an intergalactic metallic green mushroom that I've had for over a year. It moves around in the tank, which always surprises me when I see it somewhere else, but it has never split. It's gorgeous.

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely some eye candy there. I am hoping to do zoas and nice mushrooms in the mini peninsula I just purchased. I have an intergalactic metallic green mushroom that I've had for over a year. It moves around in the tank, which always surprises me when I see it somewhere else, but it has never split. It's gorgeous.

Pictures or it aint true :) :) :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back