OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the sharpie on the outside at least?
At first, i thought its from the inside. But alcohol did remove the sharpie out.

The black vinyl did a great job to hid the logo as reflection wont allowed me to see. But my friend removed the vinyl on his tank, it looks nice so that how i found this out. Super disappointed and all buyer please aware when checking your tank. IM is lost my business for sure.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I still don’t understand why they would cover part of the glass with vinyl in the first place. If I buy a 30” tank, I wanna see through the entire side glass. Seems like an odd thing to do if it’s done on all their tanks.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I still don’t understand why they would cover part of the glass with vinyl in the first place. If I buy a 30” tank, I wanna see through the entire side glass. Seems like an odd thing to do if it’s done on all their tanks.
It may related to manufacturing and kaizen process. Trying to save Glass Panel if something go wrong then just cover it up?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom Lifereef SVS-30 Skimmer, the only skimmer that i used since the beginning.

20221127_105703.jpg
nice! I have been looking at life reef skimers for years yet to pivk one up from jeff as my reef octo keep skimming along.

do let us know how you like it.

Removed side black vinyl on 2 side panels, found this. "INNOVATION MARINE" logo upside down. Manufacturer circled the issue but instead of replaced, they were using black vinyl to covered their mistake.

@Innovative Marine you owe me a good explanation in this case.
20230205_161707.jpg

oh man that sucks. crazy did you reach out to IM have they said anything??

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have been looking at life reef skimers for years yet to pivk one up from jeff as my reef octo keep skimming along.

do let us know how you like it.

oh man that sucks. crazy did you reach out to IM have they said anything??
Still waiting for their response. Trust me, they cant get anyway from this.

Lifereef is great, but it created alot of micro bubbles now... hopefully it will be gone after break in.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting for their response. Trust me, they cant get anyway from this.

Lifereef is great, but it created alot of micro bubbles now... hopefully it will be gone after break in.

I heard that on there FB group. I think they take 2X as long to break in as others. for some they are built proof plug n play others seem to have to adjust then often. i bet once you get some fish poo in there it will break in.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative-marine responsed to my email.
No reimbursement for their own mistake, but willing to issue replacement [waiting 4-6months] then i have to record myself destroy my own tank for replacement.

I paid $500 for LFS moved the tank from Garage to Livingroom. Its no way that im going to spend another $1000 for Innovation Marine Bulls**t. They knew that and used that against my will. Innovative Marine lost my business for life.

Everyone who is trying to get aquariun from @Innovative Marine Please watch out for their tank. As one its hit your door, you on your own.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative-marine responsed to my email.
No reimbursement for their own mistake, but willing to issue replacement [waiting 4-6months] then i have to record myself destroy my own tank for replacement.

I paid $500 for LFS moved the tank from Garage to Livingroom. Its no way that im going to spend another $1000 for Innovation Marine Bulls**t. They knew that and used that against my will. Innovative Marine lost my business for life.

Everyone who is trying to get aquariun from @Innovative Marine Please watch out for their tank. As one its hit your door, you on your own.

man that sucks. at the very least they could offer you a frag tank or mixing pump or something.
lame...

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that sucks. at the very least they could offer you a frag tank or mixing pump or something.
lame...
i was hoping the same. But Its considered as warranty claim, no discounts or else will be offer. As i mention above, they knew that i cannot afford moving the tank back/forward and 4-6 months waiting. Thats why nothing will be offered right now.
Look like that they are blaming me for their own mistake instead of fixing the issue.

I also asked Omar (IM Manager) if IM will pay the labors to move the old tank plus installation for new. He has been dead silent for hours.

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was hoping the same. But Its considered as warranty claim, no discounts or else will be offer. As i mention above, they knew that i cannot afford moving the tank back/forward and 4-6 months waiting. Thats why nothing will be offered right now.
Look like that they are blaming me for their own mistake instead of fixing the issue.

I also asked Omar (IM Manager) if IM will pay the labors to move the old tank plus installation for new. He has been dead silent for hours.
Bummer. Sorry. I'm going to need to check it really well when it comes. Where exactly was it and what did you have to remove to see it?

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. Sorry. I'm going to need to check it really well when it comes. Where exactly was it and what did you have to remove to see it?
2 sides panel, there are some black vinyl sticking out. I removed for more view, end up found this issue. You wont see anything unless remove the vinyl because of reflection.

JM302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is super disappointing. I have a EXT170 on order and am now worried about this. IM is VERY clear that when you order the tank... that's it. No cancelations, no take-backs so I'm stuck rolling the dice.

I've been following your thread here and I think on the IM Group on FB. I never understood why the vinyl was on the sides like that anyway. Sorry this has happened to you. Be persistent - perhaps they'll come through.

This is a very poor reflection on Innovative Marine quality and completely unacceptable, but at the end of the day, don't let this ruin your absolutely stunning and impeccable build.

(1st post - lol - my wife is the active one on these forums)

BlingityBling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed side black vinyl on 2 side panels, found this. "INNOVATION MARINE" logo upside down. Manufacturer circled the issue but instead of replaced, they were using black vinyl to covered their mistake.

@Innovative Marine you owe me a good explanation in this case.
20230205_161707.jpg
That looks like they used the End panel to the 200 Peninsula as that's exactly where my logo is if you rotate it right side up. I wonder if that's intentional since the regular and peninsula versions of both the INT and EXT are identical with only exception to the overflows. That circle may or may not indicate a mistake/defect but is very possibly to make it obvious to the people in assembly which way to orient the panel depending upon what tank is being made. Just a theory... Very curious at the least.

OP
OP
Short Reefer

Short Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like they used the End panel to the 200 Peninsula as that's exactly where my logo is if you rotate it right side up. I wonder if that's intentional since the regular and peninsula versions of both the INT and EXT are identical with only exception to the overflows. That circle may or may not indicate a mistake/defect but is very possibly to make it obvious to the people in assembly which way to orient the panel depending upon what tank is being made. Just a theory... Very curious at the least.
I believe so, but if you carefully look at the logo. There is "crack lines" alike from bad laser etching. They decided to move forward and place them into EXT because the black vinyl will covered up. Thats the fact that ticked me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back