Vodka dosing vs Rx....? Max vodka ❓ question

  • Thread starter Thread starter kris2001
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kris2001

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
727
Reaction score
101
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello..
I have a mixed reef 160g water volume....6 years old. I don't grow macro well. I run vodka and dose phosphate RX 6 drops weekly.

Vodka dosing by BRS doser... That runs for 8 minutes daily.

Coral growths affected by Rx...I think.
So planning to increase vodka and reduce Rx...

Skimmer output is very dark.

My question is: What's the maximum vodka I can dose for 160 gallon water volume? I'll make sure I don't exceed the limit.

Thx Kris....
 
Hello..
I have a mixed reef 160g water volume....6 years old. I don't grow macro well. I run vodka and dose phosphate RX 6 drops weekly.

Vodka dosing by BRS doser... That runs for 8 minutes daily.

Coral growths affected by Rx...I think.
So planning to increase vodka and reduce Rx...

Skimmer output is very dark.

My question is: What's the maximum vodka I can dose for 160 gallon water volume? I'll make sure I don't exceed the limit.

Thx Kris....

~14 mL is suggested in the chart below. My rule of thumb is 1/8 mL per gallon.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-vodka-and-vinegar-dosing-charts.1024056/
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new