Vodka dosing

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep great recipe few ml for the tank and half bottle for my self win win after half bottle you don't care if it works or not

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you start carbon dosing you should have a protein skimmer. As the bacteria consumes the nitrates and phosphates, the protein skimmer is what removes these nutrients from the water. Otherwise the nutrients will remain in the water

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you dosing vodka to a fish only tank? To remove excessive nutrients? To keep phosphate and nitrate in acceptable levels?
Or water changes can. Or it's to feed other organisms that aren't corals that can uptake nutrients as well. Don't get me wrong, a protein skimmer is also helpful but not the only viable method.

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or water changes can. Or it's to feed other organisms that aren't corals that can uptake nutrients as well. Don't get me wrong, a protein skimmer is also helpful but not the only viable method.
I totally agree there are many methods to keeping nutrients in check. However, when carbon dosing to reduce nutrients it is best to run a protein skimmer for the reason I mentioned above. If your not carbon dosing the methods you mentioned work just as well.

OP
OP
Portugal breeder

Portugal breeder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you start carbon dosing you should have a protein skimmer. As the bacteria consumes the nitrates and phosphates, the protein skimmer is what removes these nutrients from the water. Otherwise the nutrients will remain in the water
Hi Evil 1
My breeding system is 10 years old.
I do have a skimmer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back