VT reefers!

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3379f2ee6886af92a70acdcb1e059ceb.jpg

This is the most recent picture of my tank. I had to move a few rocks around, and I am trying to improve my lighting – I love this hobby!

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest saltwater aquarium store to me is the Claremont pet supply. It's sister store is West Lebanon pet supply.
I think there is one saltwater store in Burlington Vermont if I remember correctly. I tried to go once and it was closed they have crazy hours like from 5 PM to 9 PM. Really interesting looking from the window though –
My tank is relatively new so I'm not able to Frank anything yet – but would definitely be interested in the future!
I go to west Lebanon all the time! I've haven't checked Claremont out yet. I have a few frags up for grabs. Where are you located?

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Proctorsville but we own a restaurant in Ludlow by Okemo Mountain. I'm usually here more often then home.
I also seem to travel to West Leb about every week to week and a half!

chaoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Kirby VT in the Northeast Kingdom. There is Green Mountain Coral in Richmond VT. Matt has some serious eye candy. I'd be interested in getting together. Not able to swap frags yet either.
I posted this before but if it helps there was a saltwater club. The VT Marine Aquarists it desolved a couple of years ago but the website is still up and usable. Www. Saltwatervt.org

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the fact that they're so little of us in the twin states. I think it would be awesome to start a monthly get together or something of the sorts. I'm by Plymouth nh. You're not to far

chaoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at Plymouth Pet and Aquarium last weekend. I picked up a few frags and a nice wall hammer.

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've really stepped there frags up in the past few months. Probably half my coral came from there. The only downfall about them is the owner will sell you anything.

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've really stepped there frags up in the past few months. Probably half my coral came from there. The only downfall about them is the owner will sell you anything.
This is a bad thing?
Or do you mean even the sick ones?

chaoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay who used to run the fish dept there is going to start selling frags on line soon and I'm sure he will have excellent coral

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quality is definitely great, I've never had a problem with anything I got there. I've always known what I'm buying though

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'd like to host the first twin state reef meeting at my house on Saturday Dec 5th at 3:00pm. I live in Northfield, VT. Please PM me to RSVP and get my address. I will have food and drinks. This meeting will allow use to meet one another and talk about starting a local club. We can also consider swapping some frags or doing a Yankee frag swap that day. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Hopefully we can get a good group together.

- Ray

Last edited:
Back