VTr coming back to Reefing

SnowReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow VT Reefers - I'm in the Burlington area and getting back into salt water tanks. I have a 10 gal kicking around and am thinking of a package from Tampa Bay Saltwater. Part of me also wants to use the 10 gal as a quarantine or sump. I've heard good things about Home Grown Scales in Barre. I sure miss the old Pet Advantage crew and Green Mountain Aquarium. Feel free to pass along any thoughts or suggestions.

OP
OP
SnowReef

SnowReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! If I make it to Home Grown Scales this weekend, I'll report back.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome @SnowReef ! I live in Waterbury but spend a lot of time at my girlfriend's in Essex, and am currently working at the high school in Jericho. I have a 13.5g fluval mixed reef in the classroom, along with a 29g planted FW community tank, and I just setup a 5.5g invert quarantine tank for a new CUC order, a 10g macroalgae tank I'm hoping to breed sea slugs in, and a 4g AIO pico that has a rehomed mantis shrimp I got on some liverock. Been in FW for 3-4 years, reefing for 1 year.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back