Wall Hammer

  • Thread starter Thread starter ptrusk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ptrusk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
426
Reaction score
369
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background: I have had this guy for about 3 years. Never found his happy place until recently. lost some heads but stayed alive. Started to look good recently until filefish munched on him. I moved to another tank and noticed some fouling growth. Fear of BJD i am dipping him in antibiotic/lugols. Well now it is apparent that it is just hair algae so peroxide dip is next.

Question is, should I remove the dead skeleton?

wall hammer.jpg
 
Background: I have had this guy for about 3 years. Never found his happy place until recently. lost some heads but stayed alive. Started to look good recently until filefish munched on him. I moved to another tank and noticed some fouling growth. Fear of BJD i am dipping him in antibiotic/lugols. Well now it is apparent that it is just hair algae so peroxide dip is next.

Question is, should I remove the dead skeleton?

wall hammer.jpg
I would leave it be so you don’t stress out
An already stressed out coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new