WallyTime7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.29.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.37.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 8.37.58 AM.png

Hi friends! Creating a build thread. I currently have a 9 month Reefer G1 9 month old RedSea. It's on our middle floor and somehow talked the wife into an upgrade. Bought a WB 180.5 and will be going into the basement. Overall, I had one brown jelly episode with this tank for letting my params get out of wack, it was my fault. But it's been overall really well taken with algae in the display tank. I run an AI Fuge in the sump and does a good job with nuisance algae.
The plan is to close this tank down 2 months after I get sand in the new tank going. The live rock transfer in this should be more than enough to jump start and avoid a full cycle plan.
Current set-up:
RedSea 250
CaribSea liverock (dry) about 60 lbs worth
RedSea skimmer 300
Filter socks x 2
RedSea wavemaker 25 (enough flow for this tank)
fish:
1x Anthias Lyretail
1x Blue Hippo
2 x clown
1 x six line wrasse
1 x pintail wrasse
1 x scopas tang
All get along great thankfully

Things I want in the new tank - RedSea Reefmat 1200 to avoid sock changes on the 3/4th day all the time. Add another Wavemaker but larger version.
I have 6 weeks until I want sand in the new tank, so I'm going aquascape the new area and keep existing layout when I transfer. That'll be good for avoiding a cycle. That way, I'll cure and cycle the new scaped rock in a bin for a month just to kickstart bacteria biome ahead of time.

Here we go!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back