Want A Ritteri

Dock Ellis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I know that Ritteris can be difficult but I can't get the idea of one hosting my clown fish. I've done some research and I think I can finally safely add one to my tank. It is a 9 month old 120g with a 40g sump and the following parameters:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2ppm
Phosphate: <.1ppm
Magnesium: 1400ppm
Calcium: 400ppm

Here is a picture:

2w2j8ev.jpg

As you can see, I haven't really stocked up on any corals. Just a couple gorgonians, sponges, and 3 rock anemones. So far I have a yellow tang, a kole tang, seaweed blenny, royal gramma, and clownfish. I do have plans to add corals and fish, I've just been patient up to this point to get my parameters in line. I will likely start 2 part dosing (or adding kalk to my ATO) to get my calcium numbers up.

I've got great lighting (2 Hydra 52s) and flow (Maxspect Gyre XF150). I think that spot right in the middle would be a good "suggested" home, knowing that there is a good possibility he might relocate. It is protected on both sides from direct flow but still gets good water movement.

So do those of you with more experience with the Heteractis magnifica see any reasons this is a bad idea? Things I should watch out for?

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was a betting man I would say it will probably settle out on that high point on the left side of your rockwork, but I think it has potential to do well if you can get a healthy one in the tank.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say similar to Amoo, depending on flow, they do seem to perch high for light.
I'd say good to go, but first read up on cipro treatment and quarantine, many mags need that after arrival.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back